July 6th 2011 Sliding Rock at Looking glass Falls in Pisgah NF. 69 degrees outside and drizzling, water temp was 51 degrees.
It could have been a little hotter but we still had a good time. Very shocked to see Stacy go down not once but twice, she doesnt even like to get in the water at the beach in the summer. Blake and I went about 6 times but Charlee didn't like how cold it was and only went once. It was an experience like no other, you really felt alive after plunging into the frigid pool at the bottom. After drying off and changing clothes we had a picnic in the comfort of a heated truck. We fed trout at the hatchery then went to the city of Brevard and got some ice cream. Brevard was a cool town with lots of neat stores.
PS while we were freezing ,Taylor was laying out at the beach.
3 comments:
Looks like a great place to visit and a whole lotta fun!
We need to check it out.
Glad you had fun and were safe.
WOW I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT MOM GOT IN TWICE!! We will have to go back sometime so I can try it out!
Love,
Taylor
Melissa and I did this a few years before Christine was born. It was so great, would love to do it again.
Post a Comment