Thursday, February 19, 2009

Varsity Soccer


Taylor's hard work has paid off. She had tryouts this week for soccer and was chosen to train with the varsity team instead of competing for a spot on the JV team. We had a parent meeting with the coach and he seems to think they have a chance to make State Finals. The coach is the kind of coach I think will push these girls to do their best, no exceptions. Unlike the past years coaches, he is tough and expects to win not just have fun. He says everybody will be competing to play every week, if your child only plays 10 or 20 minutes don't ask him why, your child will know why. I think this is an excellent opportunity for Taylor to grow and learn. She is running and playing hard everyday and will have even harder training in the future.They will have three games a week, with all day scrimmages the next two Saturdays. Taylor is also going through conformation class which last for 8 weeks. She will miss 4 weeks and have to play catch-up with the preacher because of games on the same days. Amanda has been going with her as her mentor. Thanks Amanda!
Keep up the good work Taylor
We are proud of your accomplishments. Love Mom and Dad

5 comments:

Amy said...

Way to go Taylor!!! I think it's great that you are doing something you enjoy. I do hope you win your games but also think you should have fun, too. It's not always about winning, but how you play the game, how you can improve and how to be a gracious loser. Just always do your very best. I wish I lived closer so I could watch you play. Have someone take pictures. I also think you are very blessed to have loving and devoted parents. They are so proud of you, and so am I.

I love you,
Amy

Unknown said...

Yea Taylor, we are so excited for you. Varsity soccer, what a huge affirmation of your skills and practice! I know that feels good. I will be praying for you as you begin to grow in your relationship with Christ, giving Him the best of your time and talents will never leave you lacking in joy and complete contentment.
You have awesome parents, btw..
Miss you girl!

Band of Bohlens said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Band of Bohlens said...

Thanks everybody for the support, especially Mom and Dad, I don't think I would have pushed myself this hard if it wasn't for you. I am excited to have the opportunity to play with Varsity. I have never played so hard. Coach Dragoon is amazing but hard coach. He runs everything out of us and still expects more, but I think this is the kind of coaching I need to be the best I can be. Tomorrow I have three 90minute games. We leave at 7:45 and get back at 5:15 (long day) but I can not wait to get a taste of a real high school game. As always Dragoon is expecting a lot from me and I will push myself and give 110%. Well on the other hand, I have confirmation every Wednesday, but unfortunately I will have to miss a lot of days with my class because of soccer games. I will make up the days with Preacher Rick. Class is a lot of fun and I learn more every time. Again thanks for all the support!
Love,
Taylor #5

Band of Bohlens said...

Taylor you have been given many gifts and talents by God. You are His child, a princess of the King of Kings! When you prepare to play remember to prepare you mind and spirit just as you prepare you body for the game. May Jesus be your inner strength and beauty that shine as you play on and off the field.

Always do the right thing and always honor Christ in all that you do. Our family loves and adores you. YOU are our lead Princess in the Band of Bohlens!
Your Grandma loves you forever